I suppose this is what Christmas looks like to sriracha lovers.
Imagine Brad Pitt helping serve the food at your fucking pizza party.
Hung out with a good friend in NYC last night and much more ketchup was had.
Watching BuzzFeed's "Americans Taste-Test Australian Snack Foods" is worth it for the reaction to eating Vegemite alone.
Morning News Read 14 November 2013.
One of these things is actually the other. (Bottom image via)
Morning News Read 9 October 2013
- "THIS WOULD MAKE HER THE MOST POWERFUL WOMAN IN THE WORLD": So said a CBS News commentator about Janet Yellen, nominated by President Obama to head up the Federal Reserve. (NY Times)
- LIBYA: Everyone still up in arms over the rendition of an Al Qaeda suspect by US soldiers on the streets of Tripoli should know the Libyans signed off on it. (NY Times)
- SHUTDOWN: Another day, another meeting between the White House and Congressional Republicans; shutdown enters Day 9 as the GOP tries new tack: defaulting on the nation’s bills wouldn’t be such a bad thang. Oy veysmir. (WashPo / NY Times)
- Note to Repubs: Senate chaplain Barry C. Black has had enough of your sh*t. (USA Today)
- And CNN counted 217 votes yesterday to end the shutdown. Today, it has 219. Your move, John Boehner. (CNN)
- TAKE SARAH PALIN WITH YOU: Climate change thaws Alaska’s permafrost, and as a result the state is sinking. (USA Today)
- NORMAN HOCKED-WELL: The artist’s “Sport” painting, recently sold for more than $1 million at auction, has gone missing. (LA Times)
- Three Americans not named Walter White, Jesse Pinkman or Todd win the Nobel Prize in chemistry. (AP)
- Troubled by recent attacks on Egyptian citizens, the U.S. has suspended the remainder of $1.2 billion in aid to the country’s military regime. (WSJ)
- WHYPHONE: Samsung unveils the latest version of its popular Galaxy phone with a curved screen… because, um, I’m not sure exactly. (NBC)
- An undercover police officer, who rode with the bike gang that assaulted a father in front of his terrified wife and kid, is probably the world’s stupidest cop. (NY Daily News)
- And finally… INSTAGRAM NOT ON THE MENU: A study shows that foodies who takes pictures of their meals are more likely to lose their appetites… after seeing what their food looks like in photos. Up next: a study that says selfies make you masturbate less. (NY Post)
(Hilarious stock photo by Shutterstock via the Post)
I may have gone a little overboard at the Filipino store today. Not seen: the kaldereta.
Another thing the world doesn’t need. Folks in Japan can now buy soda-flavored cheese curls, because Jesus H. fucking Christ said so. (via)
CHEEEEEEEWWWW Hanni Rutzler, a food researcher from Austria, tasted the world’s first lab-grown beef burger during an event in London Monday. The burger was cultured from cattle stem cells. (Photo: Toby Melville / Reuters via The Wall Street Journal)
WHERE’S THE BEEF? IN THAT PETRI DISH, ACUTALLY A hamburger patty made from cow muscle grown in a laboratory was fried, served and eaten during a demonstration in London on Monday. The experiment, paid for by Google co-founder Sergey Brin, represents the first step in providing “high-quality protein for the world’s growing population while avoiding most of the environmental and animal welfare issues related to livestock production,” according to the New York Times. Not addressed: the world’s growing gag reflex at seeing their Big Mac plop out of a petri dish. (Photos: David Parry / PA via EPA [top]; Toby Melville / Reuters, both via the New York Times)