Captain America’s been keeping a to-do list of things to see, eat and read up on ever since he was, um, defrosted. And here is that list, in this screencap from a teaser for Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
I’m hoping he crossed off Star Wars and left on Star Trek on account of how much Star Trek is much better than Star Wars.
For more proof that Disney will ruin Star Wars, just watch ABC tonight. If you dare.
“J.J. Abrams announced this week that the script for the next Star Wars movie has been finished. So that’s probably what your adult son was yelling about from the basement.”
SETH MEYERS, Saturday Night Live.
Viper Probe Droid on Hoth
Shown at 500 percent.
Reblogged because this is one of my favorite Star Wars characters, and because mazeon’s avatar is from the old-school Atari 2600 video game Berzerk.
I wonder if anyone on Tumblr happened to see this thing during its original airing in 1978 on this particular CBS affiliate. C3PO is also wondering, and Luke is waiting for your call.
…and Stephen is breeding Ewoks.
“I sit down with J.J. Abrams, who’s directing the new ‘Star Wars’ movie. Let’s hope the J.J. doesn’t stand for ‘Jar Jar.’”
STEPHEN COLBERT, The Colbert Report.
Weekend News Read 8 September 2013
- SYRIA: President Obama and his administration go full court press to convince Congress and the American people of the need for a strike again Bashar al-Assad. "This is not Iraq or Afghanistan; this is not Libya; this is not an extended air campaign," said his chief of staff. Meanwhile, Assad denies using chemical gas, though the New York Times shows just how he was able to build up his collection while the rest of the world turned its back. CBS will broadcast an interview with the mass-murdering dictator on Monday. (NYT / CBS News)
- DON’T ASK ABOUT FUKUSHIMA, THOUGH: The International Olympics Committee awards the 2020 Games to Tokyo and yes, wrestling will be reinstated as an Olympic sport. (NHK / WashPo)
- “The Obama administration secretly won permission from a surveillance court in 2011 to reverse restrictions on the National Security Agency’s use of intercepted phone calls and e-mails, permitting the agency to search deliberately for Americans’ communications in its massive databases, according to interviews with government officials and recently declassified material.” (WashPo)
- ROYAL BUMBLE: Days after a burglar is nabbed at Buckingham Palace, security guards, apparently not knowing who their bosses are, demand to see Prince Andrew’s ID. (CNN)
- VEX-RATED: Adult film production is shut down as a third porn actor is diagnosed with HIV. (NY Post)
- EVEN CENTENARIANS CAN BE GUN NUTS: 107-year-old man fires gun at SWAT team, is himself shot dead. (NPR)
- And finally… THIS IS THE ROLE YOU’RE LOOKING FOR: A casting sheet looking for a “handsome but not necessarily heroic” young man in his 20’s, a “handsome and confident” man in his late 20’s, and a “young woman” in her “late teens” and with “raw energy” is thought to be that of the newest Star Wars movie. May the Force be with you…on your callback. (Showbiz411)
(Photo of the Japanese Olympic bid committee celebrating after the IOC’s announcement awarding the 2020 Games to Tokyo by Reuters via NBC News)
“I didn’t like Star Wars I, II and III at all. I think the common opinion now is they were really bad movies. …There’s no comparison with the original movies. They had a much more believable story.”
Actor DAVID PROWSE, who played (but didn’t voice) Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
Oh, Darth. You read all of our minds.
(Via The Guardian)