A collective post of things that are completely worth celebrating: in no particular order-
- Mazie Hirono (bottom left) from Hawaii becomes the first Asian-American woman (born in Japan) in the U.S. Senate. [x]
- Tammy Duckworth (top) from Illinois becomes the first disabled woman to be elected as Congresswomen. Also, she is half-Thai. [x]
- That means the rape apologist Joe Walsh has been kicked off. [x]
- Todd Akin who’s been quoted saying; “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down” has also been outed from his seat. [x]
- As has the disgusting Richard Murdock who thinks “Rape is a gift from God”. Booted off. [x]
- Colorado has become the first state to legalize the recreational use and sale of marijuana. [x] And it’s predicted it will pass in Washington. [x]
- Maine and Maryland have voted for marriage equality, and Minnesota has voted for NOT passing a ban on marriage equality for same-sex couples. Washington almost has their referendum for marriage equality passed.
- Tammy Baldwin (bottom center) in Wisconsin becomes the first openly gay senator to be elected. [x]
- Mary Gonzalez (bottom right) of Texas is the first openly pansexual senator. [x]
Psst. This post has been edited to include the two people on the bottom, and thank you the people who sent me messages about them.